Horne’s Store

Horne’s Store

Horne’s store Horne’s storeThis store was located on the west front corner of the current home of Shirley Horne Wilson. According to Mrs. Wilson the house and store were once owned by Mr. Charlie Lawrence. The property was bought in 1922 by J. Waverly Horne and he and Mrs. Horne ran the store which was ultimately closed in 1937. All of the remaining goods were moved to the Oliver store which had been closed previously but reopened. (Pic available)