The Oliver home at Longview was built by the Joel Brock family about 1900. One of Joel Brock’s sons, Clinton Brock, owned the Oliver farm during the early depression. Later the Royster Guano Company rented the farm land to tenant farmers, including the Jeremiah Oliver family. Jesse, Junie, Johnnie, Thomas, Allie, Ralph, Rae Parker, Bennie, Frank, Emma Mae, Ethel and Lottie were the twelve Oliver children. In approximately 1937 after Jeremiah died, Jesse Oliver bought the farm and house where he raised his family. It is still owned by the Oliver family.