This was a convenience store and service station started circa 1947 by Mr. James Lee Diggs, Sr. It was in operation until the mid 1980’s in the Sandy Bottom community. It was closed due to several robberies in the area. According to Mrs. Mary Diggs Brown, daughter of James Diggs, the store was really a convenience store and service station serving the African American population in Sandy Bottom. They did not carry nearly the stock (supplies) that the Chapman and Dailey stores carried, therefore the locals went there for their weekly groceries and other goods not carried by Diamond Way.