The Everett’s Bridge School building still exists today and is owned by Lewis Morgan. This building was once located in the yard of the T. J. Saunders’ home and also across from the home near the current Lake Burnt Mill. Lynn Rose has a desk from the school, a picture of the school that was taken about 1913, a picture of students, as well as a report card. Some of the families that attended the school were the Prudens, Edwards, and Saunders (W.G. and T.J.,Jr.). The Nansemond County High and Graded Schools included the Everett’s Bridge School as late as 1916. It had closed by 1924.