The first land grant found for Chuckatuck was in 1635 although by 1619 there were some nineteen plantations along the James River that were represented in the First House of Burgesses.
In the Admiralty Court of London in 1639 made by Thomas Davis, born 1613, son of Captain Davis that he was a Merchant of Chuckatuck in Virginia age 26.
200 acre land grant given to Richard Bartlett to build a Grist Mill at the head of the Chuckatuck Creek. For more information see section on Marl.
Mill went into operation and ground meal continuously for over 300 years. In 1820 it burned and was reconstructed on the same foundation as the original one. A mill stone, still in place today has been recorded as possibly the oldest remaining piece of mechanical equipment in the Tidewater area.
The home was constructed in 1685 and has been used as a residence since then. It is currently being lived in by Cornelius and Anna Lee Duff.
This home has seen many wars and had cannon balls from the war of 1812 lodged into its walls.
Reference to this store comes from an article written by a German traveler.
The timeline of Chuckatuck history is an actual picture of events as they occurred during a certain period of time.
A vertical timeline for one subject and time frame is used here. Comments and photos sometimes supplement dates and headings. While Chuckatuck history is generally featured, significant world or national events are also noted for their relevance.